I never wanted an office job, but when I get to spend two days in the office I get super excited. Seriously, last night I felt like it was Christmas Eve and I had trouble getting to sleep because of the anticipation.
Things I love about working in an office:
- A bright, smiling face welcoming you to work. (Thank you, Carolyn Hardy.)
- A big, comfy chair to sit in and a view of a huge window that’s just beautiful. (Okay, it’s trees and houses.)
- Morning Starbucks run with the Director of Security.
- Wearing a name badge.
- Walking into Starbucks with a man who LOOKS LIKE he would be Director of Security wearing a name badge.
- Working on debrief and realizing there is a debrief manual on the book shelf behind me. Convenient.
- I want tea? That requires me to go and stand with some coworkers while the water boils.
- Talking with coworkers face to face and not just on email or skype.
- Need a break? Just go make another cup of tea.